QUEEN ANNE’S CO. DRUG TASK FORCE WRAPS UP THE ANTHONY TODD CDS INVESTIGATION
• On 10-6-11 Anthony Todd was a victim of a drive by shooting at his residence located at 121 4th Street in Crumpton, QA Co., MD; which is still under investigation by the Queen Anne’s County Sheriff’s Office.
• On 10-17-11 Anthony Todd was stopped during a traffic stop which resulted in his arrest for PWID cocaine after locating and seizing approximately 19 grams of cocaine on his person.
• On 11-15-11 the Queen Anne’s County Drug Task Force served a Search & Seizure Warrant at 121 4th Street in Crumpton, Queen Anne’s County, MD, which is the residence of Anthony Todd and his girlfriend Tiffany Hinefelt. During the search of the residence and property the following was located and seized:
A Bauer Firearms .25 caliber semi-automatic handgun (SN: 073624) loaded with 5 rounds of ammunition. $1,811.00 in U.S. Currency, two cell phones, document evidence, a digital scale with trace cocaine, 63.2 grams (2.257 ounces) of cocaine with a street value of $6,320.00, a Leader .22 caliber revolver, a Cobra .32 caliber semi-automatic handgun with a magazine with 6 rounds of .32 caliber ammunition.
Anthony Todd is currently incarcerated on a NO BOND in the Queen Anne’s County Detention Center.
• During the follow-up investigation by the Queen Anne’s County Drug Task Force after the search warrant on 11-15-11, investigators learned that a large sum of Todd’s drug proceeds were being stored at an unidentified location in Dorchester County, MD which was being controlled by and accessed by Anthony Todd’s girlfriend, Tiffany Hinefelt, while Todd is incarcerated in the Queen Anne’s County Detention Center.
• From 12-1-11 through 12-9-11 with the assistance of the Queen Anne’s County State’s Attorney’s Office, Caroline County Drug Task Force and the Dorchester County Drug Task Force, numerous investigative techniques were utilized in an attempt to locate the stash location for Todd’s drug proceeds; however due to the sophistication of this Drug Trafficking Organization, the stash location could not be pinpointed.
• On 12-9-11 the Queen Anne’s County Drug Task Force executed a search warrant for the second time at 121 4th Street in Crumpton. Tiffany Hinefelt (Todd’s girlfriend) was not home at the time and was determined that she was in the state of North Carolina. During the search the residence the following was located and seized:
8 cell phones, $40.00, a $200.00 money order, numerous sandwich baggies with trace cocaine, a loaded Ruger Black Hawk .44 magnum revolver, a Ortgies .32 caliber semi-automatic handgun, a title for a 1995 Cadillac Seville SLS, assorted .44 magnum and .32 caliber ammunition, a digital scale in working order with trace cocaine, a Dell Inspiron lap top computer, a spoon with trace cocaine, a 1995 Cadillac Seville SLS, and an Oldsmobile Alero.
• During the late afternoon on hours on 12-9-11 investigators developed information that the drug proceeds of Anthony Todd were going to be moved from the unknown location in Dorchester County to another unknown location. At that point surveillance was conducted with the assistance of the Caroline County Drug Task Force and the Dorchester County Drug Task Force. This resulted in a traffic stop by the Federalsburg Police Department in Federalsburg. Based on probable cause as well as consent to search by the owner/operator of the vehicle a search of the vehicle was conducted which resulted in the recovery of $13,340.00 in United States Currency. The individual transporting the money was not arrested and was released from custody without charges.
• On 12-12-11 the Queen Anne’s County Drug Task Force concluded this investigation by arresting Todd’s girlfriend, Tiffany R. Hinefelt (25) who resides at 121 4th Street in Crumpton, Queen Anne’s County, MD. Hinefelt was charged with the following:
• Possession with the intent to distribute cocaine
• Conspiracy to possess cocaine with the intent to distribute cocaine
• Maintaining a Common Nuisance
• 2 counts of possession of cocaine
• 2 count of possession of CDS paraphernalia
Hinefelt was incarcerated at the Queen Anne’s County Detention Center in lieu of $15,000.00 bond.
From this investigation, the Queen Anne’s County Drug Task Force has reason to believe that Anthony Todd has been distributing powdered cocaine and crack cocaine since 2008; distributing over 4 kilograms of cocaine during that time period and profiting over an estimated $230,000.00. The Queen Anne’s County Drug Task Force reports that during this investigation law enforcement agencies in Kent, Queen Anne’s, and Talbot Counties have seized over approximately $25,000.00 in cash from Anthony Todd during CDS arrests and investigations dating back to 2008 to the present.
PRESS RELEASE ATUHORIZED
Case Investigatore SGT Tim McDonald #2197